The Caribbean's finest independent resource.

Down Island Villas

Phone473 443 8182 Fax473 443 8290 Websitehttp://www.islandvillas.com

Category
Villa Rental Agents
Resort Area
Hillsborough Bay

Submit a review

Interested?

We can help you make further enquiries or a reservation

Find out how to book

Guest reviews

Average rating:
stars
Showing 0 Guest Reviews Submit a review

Journalist’s Review

In Depth

Down Island Villas is a villa rental agency based on the extremely quiet island of Carriacou in the Grenadines. For such a small and undeveloped island, Carriacou has a surprising number of houses available for rent. Down Island has around 20 villas and apartments on its books, all with between two and four bedrooms, and mostly in the north of the island. The houses have a good variety of styles, but in keeping with the sleepy, hideaway atmosphere of Carriacou, most are relatively simple and comfortable (by comparison to the grander villas to be found elsewhere in the Caribbean).

Down Island Ltd was established in 1992 by Malcolm and Ros Cameron. Carolyn Alexander and her husband Gordon then bought the company in 1998, then back in 2006 Carolyn expanded the company to include a new Real Estate branch of the company - Carriacou Real Estate Ltd.

Carolyn is aided by Nurlyn Haemer who is the Guest Services Director, in charge of bookings, liaising with guests and the first port of call.

Services

Down Island will stock up your villa with groceries and drinks, or arrange for a cooked meal to be delivered to your villa for your arrival. These services are subject to a service charge of up to 15% but it is probably well worth the small extra cost to be able to start your Caribbean island villa rental experience with minimum hassle after a long journey.

After your booking is confirmed, Down Island will send out a provisions list so that you can indicate what you require. The cost will be added to your account with the company plus a service charge of 10%.

Meet & Greet

Down Island Villas will meet you at the airport or ferry dock and introduce you to your accommodation in Carriacou. They also offer a 24-hour help line.

Check In/Check Out

Guests may arrive and depart at any time although Down Island suggest that arriving on the evening Osprey ferry service is not the best option.

Booking Conditions

You may book from any day of the week to any day although there is a minimum stay of 6 nights in High Season and 5 nights in Low Season.


Deposits and Payments

If you book direct with Down Island Villas, you will need to send a deposit equal to 25% of the total rental fee to confirm a reservation and payment of the remaining 75% is required 30 days prior your arrival. Payment may be made by telegraphic transfer or International money order and the company also accepts VISA, Master Card, and Discover.

If you are booking within 30 days or less prior to your arrival, full payment must be made to secure the booking. If your payment is late, the company reserves the right to cancel the booking and you will forfeit the deposit paid.


Cancellation Policy

The deposit is non refundable unless you cancel in writing at least 60 days prior to your proposed, in which case you will receive a refund less 10% to cover administration costs. Again, if your payment is late, the company reserves the right to cancel the booking and you will forfeit the whole deposit paid.

It is worth noting that rates, length of stay, payment and cancellation policies may vary for Christmas/New Year bookings.

Down Island Villas can offer the following accommodation:

You may book the following Villas & Villa Living through Down Island Villas

Down Island Villas can offer the following accommodation:

You may book the following Villas & Villa Living through Down Island Villas