Bermuda at a glance
Bermuda is a medium-sized island set in the Atlantic Ocean off the eastern seaboard of the United States, easily accessed from USA, Canada and Britain. A British Overseas Territory, it is English speaking and very genteel and well organised. Very large, primarily American-directed tourism industry, but top of the range, with excellent hotels and condominiums, some inns and guest houses. Excellent (often pink sand) beaches, fine restaurants, extensive cruise tourism and shopping. Good scuba diving and snorkelling opportunities. Spectacular parks, nature reserves and underground cave formations to explore.
Geographically Bermuda is not in the Caribbean – in fact it is 1500 miles to the north-east, but people go there for similar reasons as those who go to the Caribbean. Its season does differ, however. While people tend to visit the Caribbean during the wintertime, Bermuda’s season is more in the summer, when the weather and the sea are warmer.
Read our guide about Bermuda - with independent reviews, listings, and information from top travel journalists and Caribbean specialists.
- Best for:
- Gentle, upscale ambience, pretty beaches, good golf
- What for:
- Corporate & Incentives, Cruise, Culture & Heritage, Golf, Spa & Wellbeing, Weddings & romance
- Not for:
- Budget travellers, Naturists
- How to get there:
- Direct flights from the UK. Two-centre with or via the US and Canada
- Top tip:
- Hire a moped to explore the island’s winding roads and take a stop at one of the many pink sand beaches along the way. For golfers, stride out on one of the island’s seven championship courses.
Or read our other island guides
Anguilla | Antigua | Aruba | Bahamas | Barbados | Bermuda | Bonaire | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Cuba | Curacao | Dominica | Dominican Republic | Grenada and Carriacou | Guadeloupe | Haiti | Jamaica | Martinique | Montserrat | Nevis | Puerto Rico | Saba | St Barthélemy | St Eustatius | St Kitts | St Lucia | St Martin/St Maarten | St Vincent and the Grenadines | Tobago | Trinidad | Turks & Caicos Islands | US Virgin Islands
Looking for inspiration?
- Explore the dramatic underground scenery of the Crystal Caves
- Discover the heritage of the old Royal Naval Dockyard
- Take a boat trip or ferry ride to see the plush homes of the rich and famous
- Explore the coastline by kayak and paddle through nature reserves and over shipwrecks
- Play golf amid the stunning backdrop of the ocean-facing Port Royal Golf Course
Events list coming soon. We apologize for any inconvenience