Curacao at a glance
Curacao is part of the Netherlands Antilles and the colourful Dutch waterfront architecture of the capital Willemstad – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – is one of the island's best known attractions. Curacao is an excellent choice for divers, who often combine a stay with visits to other diving islands in the region. In terms of accommodation, there are some big brand-name hotels and smaller guesthouses. Other activities include some nature and birding, culture and history in Willemstad. Locals are very welcoming.
Read our guide about Curacao - with independent reviews, listings, and information from top travel journalists and Caribbean specialists.
- Best for:
- Scuba diving and snorkelling, meandering around Willemstad
- What for:
- Beaches, Culture & Heritage, Scuba Diving
- Not for:
- Corporate & Incentives, Flowers & Gardens
- How to get there:
- Flights from North America, for Europe fly from the Netherlands. Plenty of connections from other Caribbean islands.
- Top tip:
- Combine a stay on Curacao with the other ABC islands of Aruba and Bonaire.
Or read our other island guides
Anguilla | Antigua | Aruba | Bahamas | Barbados | Bermuda | Bonaire | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Cuba | Curacao | Dominica | Dominican Republic | Grenada and Carriacou | Guadeloupe | Haiti | Jamaica | Martinique | Montserrat | Nevis | Puerto Rico | Saba | St Barthélemy | St Eustatius | St Kitts | St Lucia | St Martin/St Maarten | St Vincent and the Grenadines | Tobago | Trinidad | Turks & Caicos Islands | US Virgin Islands